Difference between revisions of "Faction:Fortunate"
|Line 94:||Line 94:|
|bio=Harpist. A calming presence.
|bio=Harpist. A calming presence.
Latest revision as of 01:23, 3 December 2019
Survival in the wastes is brutal, and even in the Sanctuary there is plenty of hard work and physical labor. War Kids build vehicles and weapons and wage war. The Savvy work the crops and engineer new tech. But among the Fortunate, only the children toil and labor. Being a Fortunate One means living a life of relative comfort and luxury. They eat the finest food available, are given extra water rations for bathing, wear the finest clothing and are surrounded by music, art and culture. Theirs is a gilded cage, however. For all the comfort and luxury they get, there's one thing they are denied: Free will.
Their bodies are not their own, pure and perfect as they are - only the pure are chosen to be Fortunate. They give blood whenever it's needed. They give companionship to, or craft, create and perform for those who have earned luxury rewards. They breed whenever they're required to, with whomever they are told to. They are, in essence, always at the whim of others.
They are raised to believe that, as pure and healthy people, it's their honor and duty to perform these functions. They are more important, more valuable than most, and therefore must be protected from danger and help rebuild the gene pool. Only the pure can have children, after all. Most are fine with this, grateful for a life of safety and comfort deep within the Sanctuary. They truly feel fortunate. A few wear it like a mark of shame, so 'lucky' to exist for the enjoyment and needs of others, with no freedom to come and go or choose their path or partners. It can be a blessing or a curse, and is often both.
All children are affectionately called 'Meanies', as they perform all the menial labor of cleaning, cooking and the like. Along with these chores, they are taught art, music, sewing, crafts, dance, and as they get older, psychology and the pleasures of the flesh. At fourteen they begin to craft, create and perform, and while they are expected to be at least mildly proficient in all areas (and can be called on to do any of them at any time), they usually specialize in one field or another. The best physical specimens and most intelligent minds are primarily made Breeders, propagating the species and teaching the young until they are six and put in a caste. The best artists, crafters and performers become Artisans, creating and entertaining in their best disciplines. Those who most understand psychology and sexual pleasure become Companions, easing the burdens of the rest of the Sanctuary.
The true masters of each given discipline become Patrons, teaching the other Fortunate and advising the other castes as needed. They also serve as diplomats to the rest of the wasteland, but only travel under heavy guard.
All Fortunate Sons and Daughters must be pure. No exceptions. Each gets the Perk Gifted (10), which gives them a +1 in a specific artistic or creative discipline of their choice. Examples might be music, dance, crafting (garments), crafting (jewelry), and so on.
All Fortunate Ones also get the Quirk Gilded Cage (10), and cannot leave the Sanctuary without permission and escort, and have many 'duties' expected of them. While they are often required to perform for or sleep with whomever chooses them as a luxury, you ARE NOT required to RP this, nor are you required to RP it as a Breeder.
Fortune Ones are often very attractive, in no small part because they get to bathe regularly and have access to hair care and fine clothing. They can be outlandishly adorned, quite elegant, or boldly sexy, and are usually combinations of all three, on the cutting edge of fashion and style.
Members and Associates
Eden (Archetype)Role: Patron Companion
Played by: Alison Brie
Cinder (Archetype)Role: Companion
Age: Mid 20s
Played by: Sam Heughan
Cinder may be from the Wastes but he has all of the confidence and poise of someone born in Sanctuary proper. He's served as a Breeder, at first, and provided Pure children, strong and healthy. Later, he became Companion and this was where he shined. Now, he's one of the most popular male Companions. If the rumors are to be believed, he's next in line for a promotion to Patron. If he can shake his fear of the Wastes, that is.
Maylis (Supporting Role)Role: Breeder/Artisan
Age: Mid 30s
Played by: Caitriona Balfe
Seamstress and Breeder, Maylis has a perfect record of Pure offspring. She is a natural nurturer and an amazing seamstress, occasionally working with Savvy to create new dyes or better threads and fabrics.
Phoenix (Archetype)Role: Companion
Played by: Thore Scholerman
Cavalier (Supporting Role)Role: Artisan
Played by: Beast
Visa (Archetype)Role: Artisan (Couturier)
Played by: Luma Grothe
Lele (Archetype)Role: Former Breeder
Played by: Chloe Grace-Moretz
Lele was born into the Fortunate, raised amongst them, but when her role as a Breeder was found to... bear no fruit... she was able to be re-assigned, petitioning to move to the Savvy and become a Reaper.
Evelyn (Archetype)Role: Artisan (Jewelry)
Played by: Avril Lavigne
Evelyn is Fortunate, or as she'd like to call it, un-Fortunately Fortunate. She makes pretty baubles, though.
Lyra (Supporting Role)Role: Companion and Breeder
Played by: The Gambler
Harpist. A calming presence.
Saoirse (Archetype)Role: Artisan and Companion
Played by: Dianna Agron
- (2019-12-09 • Sanctuary - Prime - Fortunate Bazaar) Xavier and Timmy listen to Lyra play and talk about past and future.
- Cast • Xavier • Lyra • Timmy •
- (2019-12-05 • Private Lounge) Locke thinks about the hints Eden was throwing down on the Main Concourse and comes to ride the storm out with her for a while.
- Cast • Locke • Eden •
- (2019-12-05 • Sanctuary - Prime - Main Concourse) In the Main Concourse, people talk, plan for/around the storm, and watch the radioactive ambient commotion as the brave come across the catwalks during the weather for meals in the Mess Hall.
- Cast • Locke • Eden • Faustina • KissThisThen •
- (2019-12-03 • Sanctuary - Prime - Gilded Cage) Zephyr comes to Eden winding down for the night to make her aware of a bloody situation.
- Cast • Zephyr • Eden •
- (2019-12-02 • Sanctuary - Prime - Scavenger Central) Some trading and questions in the scavenger's marketplace.
- Cast • Eden • Kit • Locke • Faustina • Kitten • Anchor Man • Mark •
- (2019-11-27 • Sanctuary - Garage - Workshop) An evening in the Garage
- Cast • Xavier • Kitten • Faustina • Cinder • KissThisThen • Mark • SKIDMARXXX • Anchor Man • Exo •
- (2019-11-25 • Gilded Cage) Cinder and Zephyr finally talk to one another about the past and where they stand now.
- Cast • Zephyr • Cinder •
- (2019-11-25 • Sanctuary - Prime - Fortunate Bazaar) Lyra, Zephyr and Eden discuss Fortunate business.
- Cast • Zephyr • Lyra • Eden • Faustina • Mark •
- (2019-11-19 • Sanctuary - Prime - Fortunate Bazaar) A gathering of folks talk in the Fortunate Bazaar.
- Cast • Cinder • Kat • Lyra • Kitten • Evelyn • Phoenix • KissThisThen • Xavier •
- (2019-11-18 • Private Entertainment Lounge) Locke must wait for Eden's company, but finds it worth the wait. Supposedly, good things come in threes, and it's their third year of therapeutic companionship. The pair makes it a notable 'anniversary' by getting rather personal.
- Cast • Locke • Eden •
- (2019-11-16 • Sanctuary - Garden - The Farm) Phoenix is walking through the farm when he encounters Xavier and his sister, Faustina.
- Cast • Phoenix • Xavier • Faustina •
- (2019-11-17 • Sanctuary - Prime - Gilded Cage) Phoenix and Eden take personal quality time together in the bathing pool before starting their day.
- Cast • Eden • Phoenix •
- (2019-11-14 • Sanctuary - Prime - Gilded Cage) Cinder recovers after the group was waylaid on their way across the wastes. Phoenix is the world's worst choice for a nursemaid.
- Cast • Cinder • Phoenix •
- (2019-11-14 • The Wastes) A convoy to finalize a deal with the Tribe of the Sun gets ambushed by Devil Boys.
- Cast • Phoenix • Art • Faustina • Mask • KissThisThen • Evelyn • Visa • Locke • Anchor Man • Cinder • Arachne •
- (2019-11-12 • Prelude: Private Companion Lounge) It's been one year since Locke opened up and let Eden in, and it's been a year of gradual progress. The pair of them have learned to share and care in transitional ways. This is one of those moments.
- Cast • Eden • Locke •
- (2019-11-11 • Prelude: Private Companion Lounge) Two years ago, Locke and Eden changed the way they spend their companion time. A single moment forges a rare, intimate connection that impacts both of them in the time that follows.
- Cast • Locke • Eden •
- (2019-11-13 • Sanctuary - Prime - Scavenger Central) Phoenix goes to find Charlie to pick up some booze for trade later, and asks if he's got any feathers for Visa.
- Cast • Hexeyed Charlie • Phoenix •