Psychopomp: Touch (Quirk)
Anyone you touch gives you visions of their death, or the death of loved ones. This is NOT a good or enjoyable thing as you experience it as if it were your own. The effects of this quirk happens every single time you touch anyone. Requires a Spirit Check, no GP or re-rolls, to avoid going into shock and panic.
- 1. Is it finger touch or any contact between naked skin? Does it have to be a touch initiated by the PC with Psychopomp? Does touching clothes trigger it off or does it have to be skin?
- Skin contact of any kind.
- 2. Can the vision change? If I touch someone and see through their eyes that their husband kills them, can I tell our vengeance/justice goddesses who will then kill the husband before it happens and therefore invalidates the vision? Is it a concrete Fate or something that suits the conditions at the time of the touch?
- It changes every time. The future isn't static, and everyone dies. It's not a power and not meant to be used as such.
- 3. What happens when you touch another of the PCs? Do I see their death?
- See above.
- 4. What happens when I touch myself?
- No. It doesn't happen from self-contact.
- 5. Who provides the visions? If I touch another PC, can I pose any vision I wish since it could be different the next time I touch them? The point of the quirk is to have a nasty vision that is distressing and debilitating - should there therefore be no details at all? Or unremembered details to prevent it being used as a power?
- Since it's of no story consequence, you can make it up, let them make one up, or just refuse to say IC.
Psychopomp: Touch is a quirk. Taking this quirk provides 20 points you can spend on perks in character creation.
This quirk is or has been available in the following stories • Carnival of Wonders •