Next Story Perks
Perks are things that give you bonuses and help make your character more specialized. You can have up to 50 points of Perks, not counting group freebies.
- Adrenaline Boost - Can add an additional +1 die. Once per Scene.
- Good Luck - Re-roll 1 die. Once per Scene.
- Local Lore - As a local, you can roll Brains once per scene to see if you know anything about local lore - the camp grounds, the killers, etc. Can also add a +1 to this Brains roll as if you have a positive quality for it.
- Area of Expertise - Your college education or extracurricular activities give you an edge in a specific field. Can add an ADITIONAL +1 to a Brains or Finesse roll once per scene in that field.
- Firearm - You have a gun, which can be used to defend yourself from other people and the killers as well. In most cases it won't STOP the killer, but it may slow them down. Only firearms hurt/slow killers with any reliability.
- Steel Yourself - Use before a Freak-Out Check to automatically succeed once per Scene for 3GP.
- Versatile - Use a Positive quality in a tagential (other) Stat Check once per Scene.
- Found Item - At a crucial moment in the story, you can find an object or item you desperately need. Can only be used once per story.
- From Beyond the Grave - After your character dies, their friends sometimes see them and talk to them, allowing you further RP as their conscience/intuition/voice in their head.
- Back for More - If put in negatives, roll 1d6. On a 4-6, stay at 1 SP and continue. Once per scene for 3GP (if successful).
- Let's End This - Double SP gain on a Stat Check that has a Matched Set. Once per scene for 3GP.
- Gruesome Artifact - At some point in the story you will come across an item related to one of the killers that can be used to defeat them for good. Limit one per player.
- Obscure Death - When your character dies, this Perk is triggered and a body is never found. You may return to play later, alive and kicking.
Quirks are things that hinder your character and give them flaws and weaknesses. Quirks GIVE points, which can then be spent on Perks. You can take as many Quirks as you want, but cannot get more than 50 points for them.