Current Story Perks
Perks are things that give you bonuses and help make your character more specialized. You can have up to 50 points of Perks, not counting family freebies.
- Adrenaline Boost - Can add an additional +1 die. Once per Scene.
- Good Luck - Re-roll 1 die. Once per Scene.
- Local Lore - As a local, you can roll Brains once per scene to see if you know anything about local lore - the camp grounds, the monsters, etc. Can also add a +1 to this Brains roll as if you have a positive quality for it. This is restricted to the Eager Beaver Lodge staff and they are the only ones who can buy it without Director permission. Anyone else who would like this Perk will need to get The Director's permission with a good reason.
- Area of Expertise - Your college education or extracurricular activities give you an edge in a specific field. Can add an ADITIONAL +1 to a Brains or Finesse roll once per scene in that field.
- Firearm - You have a gun, which can be used to defend yourself from other people and the monsters as well. In most cases it won't STOP the monster, but it may slow them down. Only firearms hurt/slow monsters with any reliability.
- From Beyond the Grave - After your character dies, their friends sometimes see them and talk to them, allowing you further RP as their conscience/intuition/voice in their head.
- Wealthy - You come from money, and can assume to have any number of luxury items with you. This is NOT like Found Item, so you can't use it to have a flashlight when you need one, but you probably have extra batteries! Other items might include good alcohol, drugs, extra clothing, hair supplies, etc.
- Steel Yourself - Use before a Freak-Out Check to automatically succeed once per Scene for 3GP.
- Versatile - Use a Positive quality in a tagential (other) Stat Check once per Scene.
- Found Item - At a crucial moment in the story, you can find an object or item you desperately need. Can only be used once per story.
- Scream Queen - Once per scene the character can make a blood curdling scream that will stun the monster for the next round.
- Danger Sense - You have a knack for sensing when bad things are about to happen. For 3GP you can cancel out the monster component Surprise! once per scene.
- Back for More - If put in negatives, roll 1d6. On a 4-6, stay at 1 SP and continue. Once per scene for 3GP (if successful).
- Let's End This - Double SP gain on a Stat Check that has a Matched Set. Once per scene for 3GP.
- Gruesome Artifact - At some point in the story you will come across an item related to one of the monsters that can be used to defeat or resolve them for good. Limit one per player.
- Obscure Death - When your character dies, this Perk is triggered and a body is never found. You may return to play later, alive and kicking.
Quirks are things that hinder your character and give them flaws and weaknesses. Quirks GIVE points, which can then be spent on Perks. You can take as many Quirks as you want, but cannot get more than 50 points for them.
- Reputation - Deserved or not, you got a bad rep, and it follows you. -1 Spirit on your first social roll once per scene. Others are encouraged to RP your reputation with and around you.
- Two Left Feet - You're clumsy, and your first athletic-type Finesse roll in any scene is at -1. You are encouraged to RP it beyond this.
- Cheater - You don't do your class work and aren't as smart as people think. Your first Brains roll in any scene is at -1. You are encouraged to RP it beyond this.
- Always Drunk/High - You're rarely sober, which can cause any number of problems. Can be used once per scene to subtract one die from a roll at the Director's discretion.
- Small Favor - You owe someone else in your group a small debt.
- Jilted Lover - You have an ex present at the lodge, and he or she will try to make your life miserable. This level is a Central Casting character played by The Director.
- Can't Swim - It's vacation at a lodge on a lake. Everyone can swim. Everyone... except you.
- Wanted - You have warrants out and your face has been in the news over the years. Everyone outside your group will instantly distrust you. You'll get blamed for pretty much anything. The Director will cause you no end of trouble.
- Faint Hearted - You have to make Freak-Out checks at any bloody or gruesome sight, not just when freaky things happen. Failure leads to the character passing out cold.
- Big Favor - You owe someone else in your group a big debt.
- Jilted Lover II - You have an ex present at the lodge, and he or she will try to make your life miserable. This level is a Supporting Role character played by another player. Can be a Useful NPC.
- Doomed - You're going to die in a horrible way. When the time comes for your character, no rolls are made, no GP can be spent. Your time is up.
- Connection to a Monster - You have a connection to one of the monsters, though you don't know it. That monster will take a particular interest in you.
- Jilted Lover III - You have an ex present at the lodge, and he or she will try to make your life miserable. This level is a PC.